March 18, 2020
Brothers and Sisters:
As things progress with COVID-19, I wanted to reach out and let you all know what actions the hall is taking to protect our members:
- Effective today, we are kicking off our food bank for members that may be impacted or quarantined due to the virus. All NON-PERISHABLE donations should be dropped off at the Training Center loading dock and will be distributed from the same location as needs arise. Please donate anything you won’t need for the foreseeable future. Currently, baby formula is in short supply and we could use any that you may have. To donate to the 469 food bank, contact the Training Center at 602-269-8213 to schedule your drop-off during business hours. DISTRIBUTION TO THE MEMBERSHIP WON’T BE AVAILABLE UNTIL THE BANK IS FILLED.
- The Local 469 “Just Fore Fun” Golf Tournament has been postponed. We are working on pinning down a date in the Fall to host it. If you have paid to participate and would like a refund, please contact Rick Hudson at extension #1017.
- At this point, the Local 469 Annual Fishing Tournament will proceed as planned unless the forest service shuts down.
- On a directive from the U.A. General President, ALL Union meetings and training classes have been suspended through the month of May.
- Intel is in the process of installing more of the smaller lunch tents onsite to reduce the amount of people in the same space at the same time. They will also be working expanded shifts to lessen congestion.
- Banner Hospitals will be taking temperatures at all entry points. If your temp exceeds 99.7 degrees Fahrenheit, you will be asked to stay home until you are fever-free for 48 hours.
The H&W Trustees are preparing for an emergency meeting to discuss the expansion of short-term disability terms for anyone forced to stay home from work. We will also be discussing allowing access to 401K hardship withdrawals for individuals affected by the virus. I will send an update e-mail once we have more information.
Please keep in mind that our top priority is to ensure our members continue to be allowed to work in a safe environment and provide for their families during these difficult times.
If you would like to respond to this, please send your e-mail to email@example.com
U.A. Local Union #469