United Association issued the following statement regarding the Biden-Harris administration’s action on the Keystone XL Pipeline.
CIGNA Medical Group Testing
With the recent increase in COVID-19 cases, Cigna Medical Group has updated its testing services to accommodate the needs of its clients and the community.
- Walk-in (no appointment) testing is only done at the four CMG Urgent Care Centers (see map) if the member is presenting for treatment.
- Otherwise all COVID-19 testing requires an appointment. Appointment and prescreening is done by calling the CMG COVID-19 hotline at 1-800-233-3264.
- CMG has opened new locations at CMG Palm Valley (relocated to larger center) and CMG Apache Junction (opens on Monday, December 14th).
Click here for COVID-19 testing in Maricopa County AZ
City of Phoenix
City of Phoenix COVID-19 Mobile Testing Van and Drive-Thru Testing Sites
Click here for Phoenix Testing Blitz: Free COVID-19 Testing Events
Immediate Result Testing
Gilbert Complete Medical Clinic offers immediate result testing using a blood test.
The cost is $99, which will be reimbursed. *
Gilbert Complete Medical Clinic
201 W. Guadalupe Road, Suite 200
Open 10am to 6pm
Appointments Required Call (480) 219-6631
*Reimbursement for Blood Test: Send itemized receipt for testing fee to Arizona Pipe Trades Administrative Office, 2601 E. Thomas Road, Suite #110, Phoenix, AZ 85016, or email to email@example.com or fax to (602) 956-3016
Please call the Arizona Pipe Trades Trust Funds Benefit Office at 602-956-1950.
Starting in Q1-2021, John Hancock is changing the way it delivers quarterly statements to the retirement plan participants. Participants will begin to automatically receive their quarterly statements online- a fast, secure and convenient way to access their quarterly statements from John Hancock.
Five things that are important to know:
- If participants have previously opted out of online statement delivery, they will continue to receive paper statements.
- If participants have not actively made a delivery preference decision to receive paper statements for their Q1 2021 statement delivery, they will be opted into online only statements and will no longer receive statements in the mail. But, they can always request that their preference be changed back to mailed paper statements by going online or by calling the John Hancock call center.
- For all future online statements, participants will need to be registered online and have an email address on file, to receive an email notification when their quarterly statement is available.
- Newly enrolled participants will need to register online to view their statement and receive an email notification when their quarterly statement is available.
- Lastly, John Hancock will be sending a second notice to participants in late winter reminding them that their Q1 statement will be fulfilled electronically, and also to remind them how to change their delivery preference if they would like to continue to get statement via mail.
Reminder: Participants always have the option to continue to receive a mailed paper statement by visiting the website or by calling our Call Center.
UA Local 469’s response to the COVID-19 pandemic was featured in the “America Recovers” special section of the November 9, 2020, issue of USA Today.
Click here to view the “America Recovers” special section. The article “Labor of Love” about how Unions are responding to the pandemic starts on page 66.
Click below to download the article.
Our H&W Trust has made the virtual John Hancock Retirement Presentation available online for all of the participants in the fund. This 23-minute video presentation provides information about how the retirement fund works, the different options, and how to access your plan and manage it.
Local 469 has vetted candidates at the local, state and federal levels of government. We are endorsing a full slate of candidates, Democrats and Republicans, who we believe will fight for workers and their families. Many of these candidates have visited our training center, talked with Local 469 members, and shown that they support policies that create high-quality jobs and opportunities for working families.
2020 Federal Endorsements
President – Joe Biden
U.S. Senate – Mark Kelly
CD 1 – Tom O’Halleran
CD 2 – Ann Kirkpatrick
CD 3 – Raul Grijalva
CD 6 – Hiral Tipirneni
CD 7 – Ruben Gallego
CD 8 – Michael Muscato
CD 9 – Greg Stanton
2020 Statewide Endorsements
2020 Maricopa County Endorsements
Recorder – Adrian Fontes
Sheriff – Paul Penzone
Superintendent – Jeanne Casteen
Attorney – Julie Gunnigle
Assessor – Aaron Connor
Maricopa County Supervidor District 1 – Jevin Hodge
MCC, At-Large – Linda Thor
MCC, District 1 – Jacqueline Smith
MCC, District 5 – Tom Nerini
2020 Legislative Endorsements
SENATE: Rosanna Gabaldon
HOUSE: Andrea Dalessandro & Daniel Hernandez
SENATE: Sally Ann Gonzales
HOUSE: Alma Hernandez & Andrés Cano
SENATE: Felicia French
HOUSE: Coral Evans & Art Babbott
SENATE: Jamescita Peshlakai
HOUSE: Arlando Teller & Myron Tsosie
HOUSE: Sharon Girard
SENATE: Victoria Steele
HOUSE: Randall Friese & Pamela Powers Hannley
SENATE: Kirsten Engel
HOUSE: Stephanie Stahl Hamilton
HOUSE: Mariana Sandoval
SENATE: JoAnna Mendoza
SENATE: A.J. Ajlan Kurdoglu
HOUSE: Jennifer Pawlik
SENATE: Sean Bowie
HOUSE: Denise Epstein & Jennifer Jermaine
SENATE: Sen. Lupe Contreras
HOUSE: Diego Espinoza & Lorenzo Sierra
SENATE: Douglas Ervin
HOUSE: Judy Schwiebert
SENATE: Rick Gray
HOUSE: Kathy Knecht
HOUSE: Jennifer Longdon & Amish Shah
HOUSE: Michelle Udall
HOUSE: Athena Salman
HOUSE: Reginald Bolding
HOUSE: Kelli Butler
HOUSE: Cesar Chavez
SENATE: Tony Navarrete
HOUSE: Robert Meza & Raquel Teran
2020 City Endorsements
Phoenix District 1 Dave Siebert
Phoenix District 5 Betty Guardado
Phoenix District 7 Yassamin Ansari
2020 Propositions Endorsements
Prop 208 Yes
Prop 449 Yes
2020 School Board Endorsements
Creighton – Lindsey McCaleb & Sophia Ramirez
Mesa – Kiana Sears
Peoria Union – Bill Sorensen
Phoenix Union – Lela Alston & Aaron Marquez
Tempe – Berdetta Hodge
The health and safety of Local 469 members and their family members is a top priority. The Arizona Pipe Trades Health & Welfare Trust Fund Committee has made important health screenings and services available to Local 469 members at no charge.
Click on the flyer for information about dates, times and appointment requirements.
All clinics and screenings are at the Arizona Pipe Trades Trust Satellite Office
2601 E Thomas Road, Phoenix, AZ 85016
October 20 & 21 – Flu and Pneumonia Vaccine Clinic
October 26, 27 and 28 – Mammogram Screening
November 2 and 6 – Prostate Cancer Screening
UA Local 469 PAC is endorsing worker-friendly candidates for U.S. Senate, U.S. House of Representatives, Arizona State Legislature, state-wide positions and municipal positions.
The primary election is Tuesday, August 4.
Mail-in ballots should be mailed by Wednesday, July 29.
UA Local 469 members wish everyone a Happy 4th of July!
UA Local 469 swore in 86 new apprentices on Wednesday, May 27. Skilled building and construction workers have been recognized as essential personnel during the response to the COVID-19 pandemic. And as our nation plans its economic recovery, skilled tradesmen and tradeswomen will be needed on infrastructure and construction projects. We’re excited to train a new generation of skilled workers who will continue our union’s commitment to craftsmanship and professionalism. Congratulations to our new brothers and sisters.